Job Summary (Primary Purpose)
The Accountant serves as a business partner by supporting internal finance and accounting operations. Working with the accounting department, the position performs general accounting work for teams in the USA and Europe to ensure that the activities across companies are accounted for and reported consistent with current accounting standards. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organized and have solid time-management skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, under sometimes tight deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties.
- Coordinate and process vendor and client invoices. Issue invoices upon request. Ensure invoices have been sent, payments received, and payments are applied correctly.
- Review and understand contracts to ensure appropriate invoicing occurs per contractual terms.
- Review and advise internal teams on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate payments (credit cards, wires, etc.) and communicate payment processing instructions.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining tax filing accounts for each State and coordinating associated payments. Responsible for periodic tax filings.
- Respond to audit and compliance requests.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly ad hoc reports as needed. Conduct ad hoc analysis and data assessment upon request.
- Interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders (DerbySoft leadership, clients, and financial institutions) in the completion of duties and assignments.
- Reconcile FSA and retirement benefit accounts on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with CPA firm for required financial filings and data requests.
- Attend meetings and complete requisite training as assigned.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- One to three years of work experience as an Accountant. Solid experience dealing with customers for invoicing, account reconciliation, and tax filing.
- Intermediate math and advanced computer skills, particularly GoogleSuite, MSOffice, and accounting software.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills required. Fluent in Spanish or Chinese preferred.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface with people across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting standards.
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.