Job Title: Customer Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Connectivity
Job Description (Primary Purpose)
The ideal candidate for this job would be someone willing to embrace challenges with can-do attitude. Position will work in a customer facing environment to ensure customer satisfaction by troubleshooting complex applications. Customer Technical Support Engineer takes ownership of customer issues reported internally or externally and will see problems through to resolution.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking ownership of customer technical issues reported internally or externally, and making sure it’s resolved with the predefined SLA
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying root causes which lead to resolving the issues.
- Resolve technical issues or coordinate other teams to resolve issues
- Optimize the connectivity quality by all means and improve the customer service to the next level.
- Documenting operation tools requirements to bridge business operation team and internal development teams.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field
- IT background with more than 1 years of working experience with good understanding of JAVA/C/C++, HTTP, Linux,XML, JSON, SOAP etc. Good English listening and speaking skills, good people and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the strong capability to perform diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Bilingual (Chinese and English) required.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.