Job Title: Data Engineer
Business Unit: Marketing Services
Do you enjoy cracking data, integrating and creating new products and working with Big Data tools? We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our exciting and dynamic team in Barcelona.
At DerbySoft, we leverage the huge amount of data of 95+ top travel brands to generate hundreds of millions/year of hotel revenue on Google, TripAdvisor, Trivago and other large Internet platforms. As a Data Engineer, you will be challenged to design, build and deploy the data infrastructure that supports Click, our digital marketing and metasearch manager tool.
• Design, implement and maintain a data warehouse model to provide the Data Science and Product teams with a uniform data interface.
• Design, implement and maintain custom Big Data solutions for specific Product and Data Science requirements. Use the right tool for the right job.
• Monitor data quality and enforce the Big Data team to implement data validation rules both at system and business level.
• Introduce new technology tools to increase development speed and reduce intervention times to fix data inconsistencies.
• Coach team members with model design technical skills and domain knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience working with bash scripting and Linux environments on a daily basis
• Knowledge of Chinese: You will be working with the teams in Europe and China.
• Experience with Cloud Services and Big Data tools.
• Experience in design, implementation and maintaining knowledge with various database solutions (RDBMS SQL, NoSQL, Data Warehousing…)
• Experience in implementation and maintenance of Big Data ETLs
• Ability to work effectively in both independent and team environments
• Good oral and written English communication skills
• Master or bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or other related fields
• Experience Amazon Web Services is a big plus
• Good software engineering skills
• Experience with data logging tools and APIs
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.