Do you enjoy hacking data and algorithms? Would you be interested in coding sophisticated Machine Learning algorithms and deploying them into cloud environments like Amazon Web Services? We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our exciting and dynamic Data Science team in Barcelona.
At DerbySoft, we leverage the huge amount of data of 95+ top travel brands to generate hundreds of millions/year of hotel revenue on Google, TripAdvisor, Trivago and other large Internet platforms. As a Data Scientist, you will be challenged to design, build and deploy advanced models to solve complex bidding optimization, prediction and clustering problems.
• Design practical solutions using Machine Learning and statistical techniques
• Implement end-to-end optimization algorithms that automate the bidding on millions of requests in major Metasearch platforms
• Evaluate models and ML systems using objective performance measures
• Define and transform business requirements into optimization problems
• Effectively communicate insights.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related fields
• Strong background in Machine Learning techniques and statistical analysis
• Solid programming skills in R or Python, and fluency in SQL
• Ability to work effectively in both independent and team environments
• Good oral and written English communication skills
• Master or PhD in data science, computer science, engineering, statistics or other related fields
• Good software engineering skills
• Strong background in databases (centralized/distributed)
• Experience with Docker containers or other visualization tools
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Familiarity with Linux systems and command line utilities
• Digital Media Advertising experience is a plus
DerbySoft is a global technology company serving the world’s top travel brands since 2002. The company continues to develop the next generation of online hotel distribution infrastructure: a fair, effective and enterprise-independent global distribution network that enables travel suppliers, distributors and media partners to connect with each other while maintaining their own business models, connectivity preferences and data logic.