Job Title: HR Generalist & Admin Support
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth area
Reports to: HR Director
Job Description (Primary Purpose)
Support the HR Director and HR team in the delivery of HR services to the entire international workforce. Using a broad knowledge of human resource skills, ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole. Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to HR-related matters of significance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit for all business units in the US, UK, EMEA and other regions as assigned in order to support healthy growth in the organization. Post jobs internally and on professional job boards and social media sites in order to recruit top talent. Monitor and update postings to maximize performance.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies. Maintain weekly recruiting report and job requisitions.
- Coordinate pre-hire functions including background screening and reference checking.
- Develop training content, draft presentations and deliver employee training in conjunction with HR Director.
- Develop content and draft weekly employee newsletter and other employee communications as assigned.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation; responsible for new employee paperwork, systems set-up and first day training; ensure an effective onboarding experience for each new employee.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintain procedures manual.
- Maintain HRIS and performance management systems and records; compile system reports. Maintain employee data and files. Assists with department audits.
- Respond to employee enquiries; explain and provide information on HR-related program such as benefits, training, and HR policies.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of HR events and participate in company events as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with regulations concerning employment in assigned regions. Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Provide back-up support in payroll and benefits administration, unemployment claims, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Control the organization of the company’s Google Drive in order to ensure important documents are easily accessed.
- Provide administrative and office management support including ordering supplies and equipment, generating reports, managing calendars, and coordinating travel. Troubleshoot systems issues or escalate as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work as part of a team (including remote teams) and independently.
- Creative, solution-driven and able to think outside of the box.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient HR and office administration and record-keeping skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills. Comfortable speaking publicly.
- Works comfortably under pressure, meets tight deadlines and able to work outside regular business hours.
- Utilizes technology effectively in performing range of HR tasks.
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Google Suite, MSOffice, HR software (Paycor, Betterworks, etc.), and communication applications (Zoom, Slack, Bonusly, Expensify etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of recruiting and sourcing talent using online job boards (LinkedIn, Dice, Indeed) and social media sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required, or combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum two years recruitment and HR experience required, preferably in the technology industry. Knowledge of US labor laws, employment equity regulations, and HR functions and best practices.
- PHR or SHRM certification required.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills required.
- Fluent in Mandarin or Spanish a plus.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.
For Employees Working in the USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Environment: This job operates both remotely from home and in a professional office environment, but is subject to change to working exclusively from the company’s office at any time. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Work is typically indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 5 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, standards or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.