Job Title: Key Account Manager
Business Unit: Connectivity Business
Location: Dallas, TX or Remote U.S.
Supervisor Title: Director of Key Accounts and Technology Solutions
This role is responsible for growing the key account customer business each year and engaging these customers in non-standard projects and additional services in order to achieve company growth targets. The Key Account Manager will provide input in product design and company direction to ensure DerbySoft maintains industry leading technology and solutions to satisfy customer needs and to ensure value proposition with the key account customers. By serving as the customer’s main point of contact, the key account manager manages the business relationship, monitors service level agreements, and effectively communicates directly with the assigned key accounts to ensure satisfaction with DerbySoft services.
- Maintain and develop client and business relationships with the goal of growing client business with DerbySoft.
- Host regular calls with clients
- Have full understanding of client’s business and needs
- Develop new business opportunities by maximizing current connections to ensure continued growth
- Own the end to end processes of connections via DerbySoft
- Ensure projects run smoothly, deadlines are met, coordinate with internal teams and external clients
- Communicate customer and project status with internal teams and customers
- Escalate complex issues to relevant departments within DerbySoft
- liaise with solution engineers and/or engineers on issues/bugs for quick resolution for the client
- Design plans to meet revenue goals
- Manage internal priorities and coordinate project schedules with engineers, client managers and other internal teams
- Create reporting and/or presentations to review with clients on a regular scheduled basis
- prepare documentation for quarterly business reviews
- understand and research error reports to share with clients
- Create and monitor customer performance.
- Represent DerbySoft at industry events and within industry groups / committees / organizations.
- Provide feedback and insight into pricing and product direction.
- Customer focused individual with a strategic mindset
- Someone who cultivates innovation.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Instills trust with internal and external customers,
- Results oriented
- Hands on approach to solving problems and offering solutions
- Must have knowledge of travel distribution technology – OTA/HTNG, Connectivity solutions such as push and pull, and content services
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Possesses confidence in working with technology and ability to learn new systems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in the travel industry required
- Fluent in English required
- Fluent in Chinese a plus
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.