Job Summary (Primary Purpose)
Are you a bilingual Office Administrator with HR and recruiting experience? Do you enjoy working internationally with both local and remote teams? The Office & HR Administrator is part of the international HR team and supports the Barcelona of-fice and workforce in Spain using a broad knowledge of office and human resources administration so that operations in Spain will run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole. Reporting to the Regional HR Director in the USA, this position is expected to work from the local office in Barcelona five days per week.
- Serve as office administrator for the Barcelona office to guarantee a working environment that supports local employees.
- Provide administrative assistance to the management and regional HR team.
- Implement and maintain procedures for the office. Ensure compliance with HR policies and proce-dures at the local level.
- Manage office budgets. AP/AR coordination.
- Manage purchasing activities and inventory needs including ordering office supplies, breakroom supplies, office furniture, etc. Vendor management.
- Coordinate IT services for the office and local staff. Manage onsite computer inventory.
- Ensure health and safety measures are up to date. Coordinate annual employee medical checks.
- Assist the Regional HR Director in the administration of HR and recruiting functions, including but not limited to providing back-up support for payroll and benefits administration, background screening, employee onboarding and offboarding, maintaining employee schedules and time-keeping records, posting jobs ads, reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, coordinating interviews, and conducting background checks.
- Organize staff activities such as office training, team-building events, group lunches, holiday par-ties, etc.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar field preferred or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as an office administrator. HR and/or recruiting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite and MicroSoft Office required.
- Experience in the online travel or hospitality industries a plus
- Possesses a high degree of organizational and people management skills
- Effectively communicates complex information to internal and external audiences
- Operates effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Activities are expected to be carried out with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish required
Job Title: Office & HR Administrator
Department: Human Resources
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Supervisor Title: Regional Director of HR
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.