Job Title: Product Manager
Business Unit: Product
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Supervisor Title: Head of Product, Marketing Services
DerbySoft’s Marketing Services division provides the Hotel Industry with advanced solutions for the management, automation & optimization of Digital Marketing media. Through our B2B SAAS platform, our goal is to simplify the end to end process of campaign management, leveraging our extensive capabilities in data science & machine learning, to maximizes our clients media budgets & drive their commercial success.
As we look to develop the next evolution of our platform, we’re looking for a technically savvy Product Manager to join our team; someone who is at home analyzing the complex, technical user optimization workflows of today’s digital marketers, developing a deep understanding of the data that fuels their decisions, and translating that insight into innovative features which make their lives effortless.
- Drive product features from concept, to design, implementation, release and communication.
- Ensure all key stakeholders are aligned on priorities & clear in direction.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products.
- Work with engineering teams (software, data) and external partners (as appropriate) to develop relevant business processes and operation processes.
- Identify, translate, prioritize, and inform important product questions with hypothesis, data insights and carefully crafted experiments.
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products and become the go-to person for all functional issues.
- Deliver clear business value through products with an outstanding user experience for end users and developers alike.
- This position will require international travel
- A self-starter: You’re self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative, you understand the vision & the detail simultaneously, and can operate in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Enthusiastic: You are passionate about all aspects of bringing software products to life; from understanding your customers, to experience design, interface design, prototyping, tackling architecture problems, writing user-friendly documentation, etc.
- Great collaborator: You inspire confidence in those you work with, are able to motivate people to realize your vision through indirect leadership working cross-team and cross-functionally.
- Customer Focus: You’re always thinking about your customer — understanding out how they think, understanding their problems, and predicting how our product will make them feel.
- Positive attitude: You have a can-do approach and don’t hesitate to do whatever is necessary to ensure success – you see problems as challenges, not obstacles, and enjoy overcoming them.
- High standards: Not afraid to ask hard questions, you have a high level of person integrity, take pride in delivering high-quality and thorough results, but remain humble. You like to delight with your deliverables.
- You understand technical concepts intuitively.
- You are comfortable reading API specifications, databases and reading code.
- You are able to work closely with engineers to consider their implications when making decisions, garnering their respect.
- You have extensive experience on prototype design, skilled in using Axure RP, Sketch or other similar prototyping tools.
- You understand computer science fundamentals; comfortable reading HTML/CSS.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in the online hospitality industry a plus.
- Experience in the Digital Marketing / Advertising industry a plus.
- 3+ years of professional product management experience in software (or less, but extremely relevant, transferable experience in a related role).
- Fluent English required, Spoken Chinese a plus.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.