Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with product managers to develop and evolve market segmentation for each product offering.
- Develop positioning statements, product messaging and the associated proof points to differentiate new products/services from others by identifying key products and feature values that appeal to customers.
- Communicate the value of new products/services to sales and marketing to help develop a variety of content and materials such as case studies, videos, website copy, blog posts, product pitch deck, and product cheat sheets.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Execute self-lead market and user research to gain insight into product pricing, untapped product opportunities, buyer personas, and current user satisfaction.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product adoption and usage by analyzing lead-to-cash and other buyer/user processes.
- Champion products internally and externally by promoting the story and explaining the customer-led benefits of our products.
- Own the go-to-market strategy by working with relevant business stakeholders and corporate marketing team to develop marketing campaigns, promotional activities, and sales techniques.
- Execute the go-to-market plan by collaborating with cross-functional teams to launch and promote our products.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Manage product marketing budget and approval processes.
- Coach and mentor product marketing team members.
- Ability to supervise others in-person and remotely.
- Travel both nationally and internationally as required.
- 5+ years’ of experience as a Product Marketing Manager in a go-to-market strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Deep understanding of how a software (SaaS) product is sold and the channels they are sold into.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and Product Management.
- Strategic leadership skills.
- Creative thinker who can develop and articulate a vision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Supervisory experience. Able to effectively manage others, including virtually.
- Ability to use analytical tools to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including some copywriting skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple way.
- Ability to use online and offline computer-based tools to create and develop content across a range of mediums.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Flexibility of work schedule and ability to adapt to the working hours of both internationally-based colleagues and customers.
- Previous experience working for Online Travel Industry a plus, but not a must.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed, and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.