Job Title: Software Engineer
Business Unit: Connectivity
Job Description (Primary Purpose)
This position is in a team that delivers cutting-edge Java solutions and is responsible for expanding the products features and functionality. The successful candidate will evaluate feature and functionality requirements, develop and present multiple technical design approaches, and implement the selected design expeditiously and with the highest degree of quality.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop and implement current and future functionality for one of the company’s strategic applications
- Propose technology solutions to enable the business to meet/exceed goals
- Complete challenging projects in a timely fashion
- Deliver a robust self-service environment for the end user community
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques that can be applied to enhance the product offering
- Excellent team skills
- Can-do attitude
- Focus on quality
- Drive to make a difference in a dynamic, fast paced organization
- 2 years of experience in Java development, including application architecture and design
- 1-year experience delivering web-based technology solutions to meet business needs
- 1-year experience developing highly concurrent/high throughput software
- 1-year experience developing highly available/redundant software
- 1-year experience coding in a web-based application
- Proficiency in:
- *nix OS,
- design patterns
- asynchronous messaging
- Web Services, SOAP or REST based
- Database design and engines (MySQL)
- XML and JSON message formats
Education: Bachelors degree preferred
Experience: See technical competencies. Experience in travel industry a plus.
Language: Excellent English speaking and writing skills required. Bilingual a plus.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.