March 20, 2019
Job Title: System Engineer
Business Unit: Connectivity
Job Summary (Primary Purpose)
The System Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of relevant services under the Linux platform
- Responsible for Hadoop’s operation of environment hardware of Dallas Databank IDC and maintenance of operating system
- Responsible for providing suggestions on performance optimization of application software and backup, etc
- Responsible for testing and optimization of Linux system, performance optimization of application service, and database management
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above, in network engineering or computer-related professions
- 5 years working experience or above
- Basic knowledge of html programming and familiarity with Amazon AWS
- Proficient in Linux application maintenance and performance optimization, fault diagnosis, configuration and maintenance of commonly-used application
- Fluent in one of the scripting languages such as Linux Shell/ Perl/ Python/ or PHP
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Bilingual (Chinese/English) speaker preferred
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.