If you enjoy helping clients and understand how to solve their issues to keep their business up and running, then Derbysoft is the right fit for you! We have this exciting opportunity that is supporting our clients and know the logic to the code that is the right position for you.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support, investigate urgent online issues, and answer customer requests. This position will be remote and will require unique hours and days to work. The position is supporting clients world wide therefore the anticipated schedule: Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday. This would be a rotating schedule: 7am-3pm and 11am-7pm (summertime 8am-4pm and 12pm-8pm) in the Central Standard Time zone.
The manager and the team member are a dynamic team that provide a high level of support for our customers and also interface with our engineers in Shanghai. If there are any coding issues this individual and/or team will need to contact our team in Shanghai to work through the customers’ issues and resolve the problem. Therefore, this position has a requirement to speak Chinese.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and handle urgent issues (with follow-ups) to resolve them under the pre-defined SLA
- Analyze technical issues and locate root causes to solve problems with the cooperation of other teams.
- Anticipate customer needs by performing daily tasks to optimize quality of connectivity
- Document operation tools requirements to bridge Business Operation team and internal Development teams
- Communicate technical issues (both verbal and written) in a manner that is easy for a non-technical audience to understand.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field required
- IT background with more than 3 years of working experience required
- Good understanding of JAVA/C/C++, HTTP, XML, JSON, SOAP is required.
- Experience with Kibana, Grafana and PQL is preferred.
- Development experience preferred
- Fluent in English and Mandarin required
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with clear logic.
- Embraces challenges with a “can-do” attitude.
- Requires little to no supervision.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections between hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.
No Agency Candidates will be accepted