Linux System Administrator
Barcelona, Spain (Hybrid/ Remote)
Job Title: Linux System Administrator (Linux System Engineer)
Location: Barcelona, Spain (Hybrid/ Remote)
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a technology company whose mission is to make the travel business easier through industry leading technology that empowers travel industry services. The company supports technology for Connectivity Services at the CRS and PMS levels, Marketing Services which uses machine learning and rich data to drive high-performing marketing campaigns and a Content platform that collects, manages and distributes quality hotel content. DerbySoft’s technology empowers the travel industry around
the globe. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and with offices in Barcelona, Tokyo and Shanghai, DerbySoft serves partners in 197 countries around the world.
DerbySoft has this opportunity and more with our online travel and hospitality industry software that we support around the world! This position is in a new team that will deliver cutting-edge Java solutions and will be responsible for the technical components for development, optimization, and user testing for our connectivity platform.
- Responsible for Linux platform related services such as operation and maintenance.
- Deploy the production runtime environment.
- Responsible for analysis and eradication of system and database failures and application and network errors.
- Proactively participates in discussions and provides suggestions to optimize application performance and data backups.
- Cooperate with department managers to define and improve technical standards and working processes.
- Completes tasks assigned by the department manager in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in network engineering or computer related area.
- At least 5 years+ working experience.
- Excellent command of English.
- Fast learning ability and steadfast work attitude.
- Good presentation and communication skills, have the ability of independent thinking and solving technical problems, and have a good team cooperation consciousness.
- Ability of Java, HTML programming is preferred.
- Proficient in the Linux application maintenance, performance optimization, failure diagnosis, and configuration and maintenance for common applications.
- Familiar with network principles, configuration and usage of various types of network servers under a Linux environment.
- Skilled in using one of the scripting languages of Linux Shell/perl/python/PHP.
- Familiar with load balancing, double machine hot spare, automatic management and deployment.
- Familiar with operational work of Cloud computing platform based on Amazon AWS/Ali cloud.
- Familiar with MySQL database maintenance and performance optimization solution, load balancing and hot spare solution.
- Familiar with performance optimization and failure localization of any major big data component: Hadoop/Hbase/Hive/Kafka/Elasticsearch/Zookeeper/Spark.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills required. Mandarin speakers are a plus.
- Proven ability to interface with a diverse group of people within a global setting.
- Able to work periodically outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Possesses a high degree of organizational skills
- Effectively communicates complex information to internal and external audiences
- Operates effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Experience working on a distributed development team
- Activities are expected to be carried out with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English required
- We offer competitive salary based on experience, annual bonuses and referral bonuses
- Peer recognition programs
- Health benefits
- Free coffee! (To recharge your batteries)
- Working from home
- Casual work environment where teamwork is key
- Nice and comfy office at the city center (Diagonal)!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow!
Join us as we prepare to celebrate 20 years as an industry leader.
Please send CV’s in ENGLISH.
*No agency or contractor resumes accepted
*No Visa Sponsorships for this position
*No relocation assistance