Job Title: Product Manager
Business Unit: Marketing Services
Location: Barcelona, Spain
DerbySoft’s Marketing Services division provides the hotel industry with advanced solutions for the management, automation and optimization of Digital Marketing media. Through our B2B SAAS platform, our goal is to simplify the end-to-end process of campaign management, leveraging our extensive capabilities in data science and machine learning, to maximizes our clients’ media budgets and drive their commercial success.
As we look to develop the next evolution of our platform, we’re looking for a technically savvy Product Manager to join our team; someone who is at home analyzing the complex, technical user optimization workflows of today’s digital marketers, developing a deep understanding of the data that fuels their decisions, and translating that insight into innovative features which make their lives effortless.
- Drive product features from concept, to design, implementation, release and communication.
- Ensure all key stakeholders are aligned on priorities and clear in direction.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products.
- Work with engineering teams (software, data) and external partners (as appropriate) to develop relevant business processes and operation processes.
- Identify, translate, prioritize, and inform important product questions with hypothesis, data insights and carefully crafted experiments.
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products and become the go-to person for all functional issues.
- Deliver clear business value through products with an outstanding user experience for end users and developers alike.
- This position will require international travel.
- A self-starter: You’re self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative, you understand the vision and the detail simultaneously, and can operate in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Enthusiastic: You are passionate about all aspects of bringing software products to life; from understanding your customers, to experience design, interface design, prototyping, tackling architecture problems, writing user-friendly documentation, etc.
- Great collaborator: You inspire confidence in those you work with, are able to motivate people to realize your vision through indirect leadership working cross-team and cross-functionally.
- Customer Focus: You’re always thinking about your customer — understanding out how they think, understanding their problems, and predicting how our product will make them feel.
- Positive attitude: You have a can-do approach and don’t hesitate to do whatever is necessary to ensure success – you see problems as challenges, not obstacles, and enjoy overcoming them.
- High standards: Not afraid to ask hard questions, you have a high level of person integrity, take pride in delivering high-quality and thorough results, but remain humble. You like to delight with your deliverables.
- You understand technical concepts intuitively.
- You are comfortable reading API specifications, databases and reading code.
- You are able to work closely with engineers to consider their implications when making decisions, garnering their respect.
- You have extensive experience on prototype design, skilled in using Axure RP, Sketch or other similar prototyping tools.
- You understand computer science fundamentals; comfortable reading HTML/CSS.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience in the online hospitality industry a plus.
- Experience in the Digital Marketing / Advertising industry a plus.
- 3+ years of professional product management experience in software (or less, but extremely relevant, transferable experience in a related role).
- Fluent English required, Spoken Chinese a plus.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a technology company whose mission is to make the travel business easier through industry leading technology that empowers travel industry services. The company supports technology for Connectivity Services at the CRS and PMS levels, Marketing Services which uses machine learning and rich data to drive high-performing marketing campaigns and a Content platform that collects, manages and distributes quality hotel content. DerbySoft’s technology empowers the travel industry around the globe. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and with offices in Barcelona, Tokyo and Shanghai, DerbySoft serves partners in 197 countries around the world.
Why work with Derbysoft?
We offer competitive rates of pay based on experience, annual bonuses, referral bonuses, peer recognition programs, health benefits, and a casual work environment where teamwork is key. Join us as we prepare to celebrate 20 years as an industry leader.