Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Are you ready to grow your career as a QA Engineer with an innovative technology company in Barcelona? Want to be part of an international team that delivers cutting-edge Java solutions? Interested in the online travel, tourism and hospitality industry? Then DerbySoft is looking for you! We are expanding our engineering team in Barcelona and seeking to add QA Engineers who will focus on improving software development processes and preventing defects in production.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a technology company whose mission is to make the travel business easier through industry leading technology that empowers travel industry services. The company supports technology for Connectivity Services at the CRS and PMS levels, Marketing Services which uses machine learning and rich data to drive high-performing marketing campaigns and a Content platform that collects, manages and distributes quality hotel content. DerbySoft’s technology empowers the travel industry around the globe. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and with offices in Barcelona, Tokyo and Shanghai, DerbySoft serves partners in 197 countries around the world.
Why work with Derbysoft? We offer competitive rates of pay based on experience, annual bonuses, referral bonuses, peer recognition programs, health benefits, and a casual work environment where teamwork is key. Join us as we prepare to celebrate 20 years as an industry leader.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Improve software development processes and prevent defects in production.
- Evaluate and implement new QA ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Enterprise Integration R&D team.
- Responsible for connectivity service platform functional test, automation test and performance test.
- Design test scenarios, develop test script and execute the test.
- Generate test reports, analyze test results and provide optimization suggestions.
- Responsible for test framework development and maintenance.
Experience and Skills
- S. in Computer Science or related discipline, or commensurate industry experience
- QA certifications from ASQ or ISTQB a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software QA with a strong understanding and demonstrated use of best QA practices and methodologies
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Experience with automation test toolkits such as Appium, Selenium, etc.
- Experience with performance test toolkit such as JMeter, etc.
- Strong analytic skills in requirement reviews and defect root cause analysis
- Experience in the travel industry preferred not required
- Possesses a high degree of organizational skills
- Effectively communicates complex information to internal and external audiences
- Operates effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Experience working on a distributed development team
- Activities are expected to be carried out with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English required