Software Engineer (Mid-Level to Senior) Barcelona, Spain
Job Title: Software Engineer (Mid-Level to Senior)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Are you ready to grow your career as a Software Engineer with an innovative technology company in Barcelona? Want to be part of an international team that will deliver cutting-edge Java solutions? Interested in the online travel, tourism and hospitality industry? Then DerbySoft is looking for you! We are expanding our engineering team in Barcelona and seeking to add several Software Engineers at the mid to senior level this year.
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a technology company whose mission is to make the travel business easier through industry leading technology that empowers travel industry services. The company supports technology for Connectivity Services at the CRS and PMS levels, Marketing Services which uses machine learning and rich data to drive high-performing marketing campaigns and a Content platform that collects, manages and distributes quality hotel content. DerbySoft’s technology empowers the travel industry around the globe. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and with offices in Barcelona, Tokyo and Shanghai, DerbySoft serves partners in 197 countries around the world.
Why work with Derbysoft? We offer competitive rates of pay based on experience, annual bonuses, referral bonuses, peer recognition programs, health benefits, and a casual work environment where teamwork is key. Join us as we prepare to celebrate 20 years as an industry leader.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver cutting-edge Java solutions and will be responsible for the technical components for development, optimization, and user testing for our connectivity platform
- Collaborate with technical director, solution engineers, and client managers to ensure the features are designed and delivered according to defined business requirements and quality standards
- Responsible for core technical components development and optimization
- Implement and maintain our backend architecture for durability and quality
- Complete required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Balance a fast-paced delivery schedule while ensuring quality and resilience
- Responsible for technical document delivery
- Diligent to create and sustain premium DerbySoft quality and security of our product through modern quality tools and processes
Experience and Skills
- S. in Computer Science or related discipline, or commensurate industry experience
- Mid-Level Software Engineer (4-7 years’ experience); Senior Software Engineer (8+ years’ experience)
- Experience with Spring / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud, Mybatis / Hibernate / JPA etc. opensource framework, has the ability for secondary development
- Experience with high concurrency, high availability software design and development is a plus
- Experience with code version management tools such as Git or SVN
- Experience with unit testing framework such as Junit / EasyMock / Spockframework etc.
- Experience with code build tools such as Ant, Gradle or Maven etc.
- Previous experience working for Online Travel Industry preferred but not required
- Possesses a high degree of organizational skills
- Effectively communicates complex information to internal and external audiences
- Operates effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Experience working on a distributed development team
- Activities are expected to be carried out with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English required