Technical Support Engineer
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Connectivity- Streamlined
Location: Remote – USA
Supervisor Title: Manager, Technical Service
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a technology company whose mission is to make the travel business easier through industry leading technology that empowers travel industry services. The company supports technology for Connectivity Services at the CRS and PMS levels, Marketing Services which uses machine learning and rich data to drive high-performing marketing campaigns and a Content platform that collects, manages and distributes quality hotel content. DerbySoft’s technology empowers the travel industry around the globe. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and with offices in Barcelona, Tokyo and Shanghai, DerbySoft serves partners in 197 countries around the world.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support, investigate urgent online issues, and answer customer requests.
Key Responsibilities + Duties
- Ability to work with API and Postman Requests via the Console as well. Along with experience with working in ticketing queue and handling Case issues
- Understand JSON and XML, along with UI interfaces
- Ability to handle multiple projects with different suppliers and distributors.
- Handling clients questions on the product for Pre-Sales, implementation, support of the API within an SLA time frame
- Handle implementation and certification processes with new clients that join GO connectivity.
- Occasionally, work along team in China during off hours for understanding and connecting with Development related issues with the API
- Understand and handle Sev 1 issue alarms throughout the workday to ensure clients are online
- Work with various teams to ensure projects are pushed forward and completed
- Work on knowledge based and understand articles to help troubleshoot client issues
- Be a Team player for the Connectivity US team!
Experience + Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field required
- IT background with more than 2 years of working experience required
- Good understanding of SAAS, API, XML, JSON is required
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, preferred
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with clear logic.
- Embraces challenges with a “can-do” attitude.
- Requires little to no supervision.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with a proven ability to interface with people across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and across diverse teams, regions and time zones
- Ability to coordinate resources efficiently and effectively between diverse teams
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours to meet and coordinate with global teams
- Flexible Schedule
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company provided Life Insurance Program
- Company provided Long – Term Disability Benefits
- Voluntary Life
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Matching Retirement Program
DerbySoft, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We also participate in E-Verify for anyone hired in the United States of America.